JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
+ Hello,i live in at Caro Brooke estates and would like to know if the gym is open for membership to public?and do discovery?
La Como Fitness Club is open to the public and the resedints of any estate. The fitness club do have Discovery vitality. Every day a member come to gym the member will receive 100 Discovery vitality members points.
+ DOES THE GYM HAVE A SWIMMING POOL?
YES, WE DO HAVE A HEATED SWIMMING POOL
8 reasons why swimming is the best way to lose weight and get fit quickly
Tone up, sleep better and feel happier by taking a dip in your local pool
Any type of exercise is better than none, but swimming is proven to be one of the best. Great for both mind and body, here’s why spending more time in the water is a seriously smart choice.
1. Swimming helps to manage weight
Expect to burn around 367 calories after just 30 minutes of breaststroke – that beats walking, cycling and even running. The Calorie Cruncher on swimming.org can tell you how many calories your preferred swimming stroke burns.
2. Swimming reduces stress levels and raises self-esteem
According to a survey of 4000 swimmers undertaken by Speedo, 74% agree that swimming releases stress and tension, 68% say that being in the water helps them to feel good about themselves and 70% feel mentally refreshed after swimming.
3. Swimming boosts your mood
Another study shows that swimmers, no matter what level, are less prone to tension, depression, anger and confusion when they’ve been swimming. It means that novice and amateur swimmers can feel just as good as the pros, thanks to the release of feel-good hormone serotonin.
4. Swimming strengthens muscles
The resistance of water can be 44 times greater than air, meaning you have to work harder to move through it. It’s like working out with weights or machines without the need for expensive equipment, which makes swimming an affordable way to strengthen your muscles.
5. Swimming is low-impact exercise
You’re only bearing about 10% of your weight when you swim due to the buoyancy of water. With greater ease of movement and less strain on bones, joints and muscles, swimming has a lower risk of injury than many other forms of exercise.
6. Swimming improves your sleep
People who undertake vigorous exercise such as swimming are around twice as likely to report on having a good night’s sleep, according to a poll by the National Sleep Foundation. They’re least likely to report sleep problems, with most avoiding problems like insomnia and waking too early.
7. Swimming is sweat-free
As a swimmer, you’ll never get overheated or feel sweaty because the water around you is constantly cooling you down.
8. Swimming lowers disease risk
Not only is swimming kind to your heart and a great form of cardiovascular exercise, it’s also shown to control blood sugar levels, lower blood pressure and reduce levels of bad cholesterol in your blood. So by swimming regularly, you’re less likely to develop illnesses like type 2 diabetes, heart disease and stroke.
+ IS THE POOL HEATED?
+ DOES THE GYM HAVE TENNIS COURTS?
YES WE DO HAVE 2 TENNIS COURTS
Health benefits of tennis
Tennis can be a great workout and lots of fun. Playing tennis has many health benefits including:
Other benefits of tennis
As well as being a great physical workout, tennis is also:
Starting playing tennis
Tennis is very popular in Australia and is played in organised competitions as well as social games. In order to play tennis you need a racquet, a ball, a court with a net, and an opponent.
Avoiding tennis injuries
+ DOES LA COMO FITNESS CLUB / GYM HAVE A CIRCUIT AREA?
YES WE DO HAVE
Circuit Training By Fabio Comana, M.A., M.S.
Resistance training offers many different benefits to the body than cardiovascular exercise. Most individuals look for the benefits of weight loss in addition to muscle gain as key goals in their exercise programs. Traditional resistance training programs do not burn many calories during the session as we spend a majority of the workout resting between sets. Cardiovascular exercise on the other hand does little to stimulate muscle growth. Hence, the question arises as to the training modality that can optimize gains in both areas and the answer lies with circuit training, a modified type of resistance training offering the key benefits from both areas.
What is circuit training?
Circuit training is a high volume (repetitions), low resistance (weight) workout with short rest intervals and is geared primarily at improving muscle tone and definition, while improving cardiovascular fitness. This workout involves exercising all major muscle groups (stations) in one continuous cycle, alternating between the different areas to allow for muscle recovery and to force your heart to work harder in pumping blood (and oxygen) to these constantly changing areas. Given the nature of your short rest periods, it is strongly recommended you use machines that do not require much time to select your weight (as opposed to free weights) and that the machines are in close proximity to each other.
General Circuit Layout
Objective: Muscular endurance, cardiovascular fitness, orientation to weight training
Duration (weeks): Varies, traditionally 1-12 weeks
Frequency (# times/week): 2-3 times/week
Intensity: 40-70% of your maximal effort
# Repetitions/exercise: Varies, anywhere from 10-25 reps, depending on time and intensity
Rest interval duration between stations: Typically, 15-30 seconds
# Muscles groups (stations) exercised/cycle: Anywhere from 6-15 stations
# Cycles/workout: Start with 1 cycle, progress to 2-3 depending on available time
Prior to designing your own program, complete a needs assessment and give thought to:
• Your objectives with resistance training (are circuits appropriate for you)
• Are you interested in all over body improvement or specific areas?
• How much time do you have per week to commit to resistance training (circuits are ideal for 2-3 times max, 30-40 minutes)
• Does your facility offer a compete selection of machines that are accessible? You may need to ask or walk around the facility to identify the necessary pieces.
15 reps at each station, 30-second rest intervals between each workstation. Begin with one cycle and progress to 2-3 cycles, as you desire.
Station 1: Chest – Any machine
Stations 2: Leg Squat/Press – Any machine
Station 3: Back – Any machine
Station 4: Abdominals – Machine, mat or on a stability ball
Station 5: Shoulders – Any machine
Station 6: Leg Curls – Any machine
Station 7: Triceps – Any machine or cable
Station 8: Biceps – Any machine, cable or barbell
Station 9: Calves – Any machine
Station 10: Low Back – Low-back extension bench, mat or stability ball
Circuit Training Variations
Perhaps you may want to emphasize a specific body part while doing circuits. For example, if you would like to emphasize your shoulders, simply add in additional shoulder exercises at spaced intervals within the cycle (every 3-4 exercises).
Perhaps you may want to emphasize more cardio throughout the circuit. Either adopt shorter rest intervals or include some dynamic activity during the rest interval (e.g., jumping rope or bench stepping during the rest interval).
Circuits are a great way to experience total body training, burn calories and improve aerobic performance. Anyone can benefit from including circuits into their exercise regimen. With circuit training, you are simply limited by your own creativity and imagination. Now, armed with this information, get going with the program—circuit that is.
+ WHAT TYPE OF ACTIVITIES DOES THE GYM OFFER?
BOXERCISER, BOOT CAMP, TAE-BO, AEROBICS, GROUP CLASSES & POWER WALKING WEIGHT LOSS WEIGHT GAINING FREE WEIGHTS AND PROGRAMS.
+ IF IM A NEW MEMBER AND DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT GYMING WILL THEIR BE SOMEONE TO ASSIST ME?
YES DEFFINTLEY . WE HAVE FLOOR ASSISTANCE WHO WILL BE MOST GREAT FULL TO ASSIST YOU WITH YOUR NEEDS.
1. Make sure you utilise the induction you get at the gym, all gyms should offer this when you join. It is basically an explanation and demonstration of the equipment and how to use it in the gym, but it also sets you a basic program to get you going.
2. At the beginning stick to machine weights rather than free weights until you feel comfortable in the gym and have better understanding of weights. You cant go too wrong with machine weights.
3. Invest in one personal training session every 6 weeks, they will give you a specific program to do individual to you that you can work on for 6 weeks and then if you get stuck with the program you have the reassurance that you have a trainer to ask.
4. All gyms should have a personal trainer or someone who is supervising the gym working all the time to help members, they are paid to help you so don’t feel you are putting them out by asking questions about equipment etc.
5. NEVER feel that you shouldn’t be in the weights area if you are working on a program or feel intimidated by anyone in the gym, you have every right to be there as much as any one else.
6. Don’t start weights too heavy, if you haven’t done weights before start light so you and your muscles get used to lifting weights, there will be less chance of injury and it will make you feel comfortable with the weights you are using.
7. Don’t let anyone around you influence what you are doing, there are too many people out there who want to give advice that they have only read in a magazine.
9. Do classes that the gym offer, they are free and will make you feel more comfortable in the gym.
10. If you don’t feel sure of anything never be afraid to ask in classes or the gym, no question is stupid.
+ IF I WANT TO TRAIN BEFORE GO TO WORK ARE THEIR CHANGE ROOMS?
YES WE DO HAVE 5 STAR CHANGE ROOMS WITH HOT WATER SHOWERS.
+ WHAT TYPE OF EQUIPMENT DO YOU HAVE FOR GAINING MUSCLE?
WE OFFE VERIATY OF GNEISSES GYM EQUIPMENT AND MACHINES AND FREE WEIGHTS AND CARDIO
+ I WANT TO IMPROVE MY CARDIO FITNESS HOW CAN I GAIN FROM YOUR GYM?
WE HAVE TREDMILLS, SPINNING BIKES; EXERCISE BIKES & A HEATED SWIMMING POOL AND RUNNING TRACK TO HELP WITH YOUR CARDIO FITNESS
+ I HAVE A BACK PROBLEM DO YOU HAVE A PHISIOTHERAPHEAT TO ASSIST ME WITH A PROGRAM AND HELP ME DOING MY EXERCISES?
YES WE DO HAVE PHISIOTHERAPHEUTS WHO CAN HELP YOU WITH YOUR BACK PROBLEM AND WILL GIVE A YOU A PROGRAM THAT WILL BE SPECIAL FOR YOU.
+ DO YOU HAVE PERSONAL TRAINERS?
YES WE DO HAVE PERSONAL TRAINERS FOR WEIGHT TRAINING, SWIMMING AND BOOT CAMPS.
+ I HAVE SMALL CHILDREN AND WANT THEM TO SWIM, DO YOU GIVE SWIM LESSONS?
YES WE DO HAVE A QUALIFIED SWIM INSTRUCTOR WHO TRAINS TODLERS AND BABIES.
+ Hello,i live in at Caro Brooke estates and would like to know if the gym is open for membership to public?and do discovery members get preferrential rates?
Clear Water Fitness Club is open to the public and the resedints of any estate. The fitness club do have Discovery vitality. Every day a member come to gym the member will receive 150 Discovery vitality members points. In Your Health
Ask a question
|Back||Back to top|